Random Rants...or...where my stress goes

Friday, May 05, 2006

Denzel is a detective

I just saw Inside Man, and it was a cool flick, but afterwards, I got to thinking about Denzel Washington. Denzel Washington has starred in a slew of movies over the last 8-10 years, some hits, some misses. But I found a common theme. He plays the role of a detective or military investigator in almost every single movie. These are the movies he has done over that timeframe where he has been in that role

Inside Man
Man on Fire
The Manchurian Candidate
Out of Time
The Bone Collector
The Siege
Training Day
Fallen
Courage Under Fire

If I go back another year, we can add "Virtuosity" to the mix. Go back another 2 years and "The Pelican Brief" is added as well.

I really like Denzel, but I think its time for him to expand his horizons a notch.

2 Comments:

At May 07, 2006 8:20 AM, Blogger Kaos said...

Dawn and I liked the movie too. I didn't realize his roles aren't very broad in the acting sense. I lost some respect for him after I heard that he wouldn't kiss Kelly Lynch in Virtuousity and Julia Roberts in The Pelican Brief. Come on I don't care who you are, who wouldn't want ol' horse face slabbering a wet one on you? Maybe he's right?

 
At May 08, 2006 5:19 AM, Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

I've never seen any of these movies. I'm not much for the detective, thriller, action-type movies, unless they’re film noir, of course.

Think I’ve only seen one Denzel movie: John Q.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home