Random Rants...or...where my stress goes

Friday, March 10, 2006

The last day...phew

Well, today was my final day at my job. I decided to pack it in, and move on to another job. I had known for nearly a year, that this was not the right place for me, but I decided to at least give it a full year to see if the situation improved.

It had not.

A friend of mine from the company left nearly a year ago and tried to recruit me to his firm, but that did not present itself as the best solution for me. I had resigned myself to sticking with the job until the new year..and soon thereafter I made a strong push to find a new job. Well, after 5 interviews and a trip to seattle over President's Day to meet withthe Senior VP, the one I most wanted was offered to me about 8-10 days ago, with a more than decent jump in pay, and offering much more support, training and credibility..so I took it.

There are always a few drawbacks; I now to have actually commute to downtown instead of a quick jaunt. Also, after about 12-18 months on the job, my pay gets chopped nearly in half, with the expectation my commissions will more than amply make up the difference and more. and of course..I have to dress a tad nicer..though I personally believe that you work harder and act more professional if you dress the professionally..artists and other professions are exempt from this rule of course.

Of course, my current (former) employer did not take too kindly to my 2 week notice, and I was cut early (ie..this Friday instead of next week). It is odd, but I could have certainly performed my duties with no conflict, but no worries. They were friendly about it otherwise and everyone wished me well. I certainly bear no ill will to them..they simply do not offer the growth I am looking for, as well as the financial opportunities that I need in life.

I now have next week off to finally tackle my exponentially growing tower of paperwork, as well as watch March Madness in peace...as long as Maximus acts like a good little gentleman and not the hol(e)y terror that he has in him. I did not typo that..he simply has managed to chew so many bits of clothes and items around the house..that well..he has put holes in things, to putn it mildly. Obedience training cannot come soon enough..as well as..oh..maybe some sort of age/maturity pill.
But..he is great, fun, makes us laugh and overall, is a fantastic addition to the family.

I dont know how to end this entry..so uh..

"fin"

9 Comments:

At March 11, 2006 6:20 AM, Blogger a tall sassy gal said...

Good luck with your new job!

 
At March 11, 2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Kaos said...

Good luck in the new job, it's not always easy to leave and do something else unless they force you out. Then you have no choice, not that I know anything about that! As for the pooch, you will learn to put things up high, in drawers and completely away from his chompers. Hamlet used to pull the inside linings of our shoes out, he finally grew out of that but not after having one of Dawn's friends expensive Italian dress shoes make a visit to the shoe repair shop. I suggest giving him some sort of chew toy like a tennis ball, not one from the pet store but a REAL tennis ball. The fake ones won't last a week.

 
At March 12, 2006 10:18 PM, Blogger Xericx said...

Now that you don't have work next week, how are you ever find time to screw around on the net?

 
At March 13, 2006 1:36 AM, Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

Hi Josh,

Good luck with the new job! I hope you have a great week off. :)

Happy Monday,
~ Ash

 
At March 13, 2006 7:47 AM, Blogger ab said...

That's cool that you get a week off. I always like to detox in between jobs (detox being work-related, not drug related). I may start working downtown in the next 6 months, we should do lunch...or happy hour. Have fun with the puppy!

 
At March 13, 2006 10:05 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

Congrats! I also just started a new job...yay, a partner in craziness!

 
At March 15, 2006 11:29 PM, Blogger natasha said...

Dude, you rock. Its great you left your job. It takes guts. I hope you have enough time to chat with me at your new job. ;)

 
At March 16, 2006 4:09 AM, Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

This template makes me so sad...

This weekend, I'm going to fix it once and for all, I swear! :)

Hope you're enjoying your time off.
Happy Thursday,
~ Ash

 
At March 22, 2006 5:48 AM, Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

Yeah, how's the new job going??

Great, I hope! :)

And I still haven't worked on this template...I'm going to though. Gotta redeem myself in the eyes o' Josh. ;)

Hope all is well and Happy Wednesday,
~ Ash

 

Post a Comment

<< Home