Random Rants...or...where my stress goes

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Tubing

Well, after I got back from my vacation in Los Angeles, I had 3 quick days of work and then got to enjoy the weekend.

The wife had to work on Saturday from 8-5, and I went to the gym early in the morning. Since it was a really nice day, I mowed the lawn and edged and trimmed..I had not needed to do it since..November perhaps? I did a couple other errands and cleaned the house, paid the bills..etc. I watched some Olympic coverage in the evening and my wife and I made a nice dinner together.

Sunday, I had plans for us. The wife had said earlier in the week to find something fun and unique for us to do. Since we had not ever been to Mt.Hood, and we planned to go skiing in a couple weeks, I drove us up there early and we went tubing. First we went twice on the kiddie hill..and then went over to the "Extreme" hill..which was worth the hike. I did that 3 or 4 times..it was a lot of fun, and it was a beautiful day. We both laughed and had a good time. We zoomed back to Portland, had some dim sum at Dragonfish, and then caught "Capote". The theater was TINY..4 rows..and we got stuck in the front. Luckily it was not a movie like Lord of the Rings where it wouldnt be worth it. Still, our necks were hurting after..but wow, what an amazing performance by one of my favorite actors, Phillip Seymour Hoffman. He will win the Best Actor Oscar in a few weeks. I had read "In Cold Blood", and also seen the movie, but my wife has not ever read it. She might now :)
We are making homemade pasta suce, some turkey meatballs and some sort of pasta for dinner while we enjoy the Olympics and sneak on over to catch "Grey's Anatomy" later.
Back to work tomorrow.
Ugh.

3 Comments:

At February 13, 2006 2:18 AM, Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

Hi Josh,

Sounds like you two had a great weekend!

Also glad to hear the movie was good. I like Phillip Seymour Hoffman too. Hope he wins!

Happy Monday,
Take care,
~ Ash

 
At February 13, 2006 1:33 PM, Blogger Xericx said...

Did you have time to go to Home Depot?

 
At February 14, 2006 5:16 AM, Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Josh!

Lots of love,
~ Ash

 

Post a Comment

<< Home