Random Rants...or...where my stress goes

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Lance Armstrong LiveStrong Ride



Recently I have got into bike riding up here in Oregon, and Audra has also been getting into it with me. There are so many beautiful trails and rides up here, I do not know where to begin!

So when I heard about the LIVESTRONG Ride, a 100-mile bike ride that benefits the Lance Armstrong Foundation, I knew I had to participate.
More than 1.3 million people in the U.S. will be diagnosed with cancer this year alone. Three out of four families in America will be faced with caring for a family member with cancer.

The Lance Armstrong Foundation was founded to provide practical information and tools for people living with cancer. Their mission is to inspire and empower people affected by cancer through advocacy, public health and research programs.

I need to raise at least $500 to participate in the Ride, but I hope to raise $1,000 or more. It’s a big goal, but I’m taking a big step. I would appreciate your support.

You can donate online at www.livestrongride.org or for me here. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this message and understanding how important this cause and this Ride is to me.

Regards,

Josh

PS - yes even $1 is cool :)

2 Comments:

At February 01, 2006 12:26 PM, Blogger Xericx said...

Pretty sweet. Maybe I'll do this here too....I'm so crappy at biking though. Hopefully most of it is on the beach...i can't hang with the uphil mountain roads!

 
At February 06, 2006 1:37 AM, Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

How very wonderful of you to participate, Josh! I wish you the best of luck and I would love to help!

I'll check out the links and report back soon.

Enjoy the bike riding!
~ Ash

 

Post a Comment

<< Home