Random Rants...or...where my stress goes

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Oh toh toh toh

This is a hilarious 8 minute video on the proper way of how to order and eat sushi.



Apparently, I am a low-income earner, as I actually enjoy "toro".

4 Comments:

At January 27, 2006 7:04 AM, Blogger A. B. Chairiet said...

I have never eaten sushi, not once!

Is it good??

I think I'm just too poor... ;)

Seems like an expensive, fancy, "acquired" taste.

Or, you know: blah. ;)

Happy Friday, Joshie! :)
Take care,
~ Ash

 
At January 27, 2006 8:29 AM, Blogger :) said...

Hey Ash, sushi is my most favorite thing to eat (uh..food-wise)..but I am an admitted sushi-snob..ie..I will only eat good sushi (which is rare in most cities)..and California rolls do not count as sushi either :)

 
At January 27, 2006 9:36 AM, Blogger Xericx said...

I'm likely the sushi-etiquette snob this video is directed at. I've extensively studied the proper sushi etiquette and chopstick etiquette throughout my academic career, and am quite offended with improper reverence at the sushi bar.

Xericx,
Will never order a "sake bomb".

 
At January 27, 2006 9:50 AM, Blogger Xericx said...

Also, regular "toro" isn't that great to begin with. With that cheap a cut of fish, might as well get it seared and served tataki style. It is truly just a "filler" (just to fill you up" most of the time if you don't get the good cuts (chu-toro or o-toro).

Also, never mix your wasabi and soy sauce. That's just completely retarded.

"But its my sushi, I'll eat it like I want to"

Hogwash. Might as well dump ketchup on your sushi if you want to kill the flavor of the fish.

[/endrant]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home