The weekend update
Ok..well..seeing as how people want me to post, but I have nothing interesting to report or pick on..my weekend involved thus:
Friday night after work I went to a sports bar with 5 friends to watch the Blazers get punished by 39 to Denver. I had a few beers and a pretty good time. I came home and apparently I smelled so digustingly like cigarettes my wife made me shower before climbing into bed with her. No problem though.
Saturday, my wife had to work for about 5 hours, and the guys who were going to install my stereo speakers, came late..so I was stuck here waiting for him (and therefore could not make it to the gym), and then while he worked for FIVE HOURS I had to be there..and to top it off, he put a hole in my wall and also didnt do it all properly...at least, I dont think. But..they do sound terrific I gotta admit. Only set me back about $1500 bucks (the speakers and installation mind you). Ugh. Anyways..wife came home..hated the way it all looked, which was real fun to deal with..after that nice little..spat..we went out with our neighbors to TGI Fridays for just a casual meal. Now..we all knew the food and service and everything was going to be..average at best. Not our choice of restaurants generally, but they were going and invited us and we just said suuuuure. We got there and we had a 20 minute wait to get a table..not bad..finally sit down..and there wasnt silverware for half of us..no biggie, I snagged some from a nearby table. Waitress disappears after bringing us water, then and comes back after an extended vacation in the Bahamas. I think we could have watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy before our food came. They also forgot my side sauce, and brought my wife steak fajitas, instead of chicken. There was a baby there who shrieked as though someone was sticking a hot poker in its eyeballs and up its rectum. I am not exaggerating. The people behind us were kind of bummed out because their food came late or was wrong or something too. But..we had good company and the food tasted alright, so we should not complain too much. We came home and went to their place to play some cards and board games and had some "Girl Scout" drinks. Ever have those? Hot chocolate, peppermint schnapps and a dash of 151. Needless to say, they were excellent. Late at night my wife and I caught 20-30 minutes of SNL's "all fake commercials" episode..which is often the best part of SNL, so we enjoyed it and crashed about 12:30. No makeup sex. :(
Sunday we slept in, and had our make-up sex..and then Audra made waffles. We read the paper, watched an odd, but funny French movie called "Love me if you Dare". We did some yard work and cleaning up of the house, bailed on going to the gym in favor of another make-up sex session, showered, ran to do some errands in the rain, and came home to figure out holiday shopping and to make dinner. We never had lunch..and she is making dinner now and I am STARVED.
On a side note..I wasnt not not blogging because I wasnt getting comments..though that did not help matters..I wasnt blogging because I was just bored..I ran out of stuff to rant on and laugh about..and so I was wondering what the heck to write..and then when I did post some funny pictures and stuff..I was not getting comments..so, I thought..whatever..Im out of info, no one else cares anyways..so..blah..I am done..for a while at least.
So, Ill try to come up with stuff..I usually can..between my wife and I, we have what seems to be more weird, sad or hilarious crap than most people and friends I know of..and so, Ill try to write when I can. Thanks for your support guys :)
6 Comments:
Oh I have a TGI Fridays story. My ex-boyfriend and I went there for dinner and yeah we got seated right away, but no one came to serve us for at least 20 minutes. We sat there and sat there, no one came to ask us if we wanted anything to drink or take our order. Finally my ex went to talk to the hostess and of course some came to the table and ask if anyone had help us and I said no. Finally or waiter came took our order mind you this was at least 30 minutes after we had been seated. To make up for it they gave us a free dessert.
I do understand that sometimes you just don't have anything to say, I have been experiencing that alot lately and haven't been blogging as much as I use to. But I have to say I like reading about your weekend...I did not find it boring at all.
I think for me it's that a while back you said that you were taking a break from blogging for a while. As a result, I checked in less often. I still read, just not as often as I used to. Then I find that I have 2 or 3 posts to catch up with and I tend to not comment because I'm busy reading them all.
Dining on the weekends is for suckers!!!! Especially at TGI McFunsters!!!!
What kind of speakers did you get again?
It's kind of nice actually to know that there are other people out there that also do not WILD lives and do not ALWAYS have WILD stories to post on their blogs.
Sometimes I read people's blog and think WTF, how can you have money to be going oversees AGAIN? do you NOT work? Eat? ever fight with your husband/wife/partner, whatever? FAKE
That's one hell of a weekend we had...he, he, he
I'm glad you decided to stick it out here with us in Bla-Bla Land...Damn it. ;)
~ Ash
Post a Comment
<< Home