Random Rants...or...where my stress goes

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Unfortunately named authors...

It is unfortunate when you meet or hear of someone with a humorous name..and you try your hardest not to smile and giggle. My father went to Korea for business and told me he nearly lost it when he was introduced to "Cum Suk Dong". There was a kid in my high school named "Chris Fagit". Another tragedy.
So I thought I'd look up some crazy authors on Amazon. Heres what I have found..

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Every Last Cent (A Lovejoy Novel) by Jonathan Gash


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Suleyman the Magnificent and His Age: Ottoman Empire in the Early Modern World by Metin Kunt (Editor), Christine Woodhead (Editor)


Arabische Kultur und Islam im Mittelalter: Ausgewählte Schriften by Johann Fück


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Straight from the Horse's Mouth: The Orkney Herald 1950-1961 - The Paper and Its People by Kim Twatt


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Hitler and the Holocaust: The Hidden Story by Martin Wank


Roman Political Institutions (History of Civilization) by Leon Homo


Wave Mechanics Applied to Semiconductor Heterostructures by Gerald Bastard


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
In Search of Personal Welfare: A View of Ancient Chinese Religion (Chinese Philosophy & Culture Series) by Mu-chou Poo


Luga Baraby by T. A Vagina


La science amusante by Tom Tit


Rural Growth in Western States: Economic Development and Environmental Protection by William P. Wanker, et al


Unbelievable But True by Clarence Muff


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Le sens de labsurde dans loeuvre dEvelyn Waugh by Yvon Tosser


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"Gardeners' World" Through the Years by Gay Search


Super Naturalism of New England by John Greenleaf Shittier


Nova tekstualnost: Ogledi o srpskoj prozi postmodernog doba by Aleksandar Jerkov


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Trauma and Ethics in the Novels of Graham Swift by Stef Craps


As you can see, some pretty..unfortunate..names there. All of them can be found on Amazon. So if you are a boy named Dana, or really hate you last name of Snaggletooth..etc. you could be in a far worse situation.

PS - Sorry for adding Word Verification, but I've been a tactical target as of late..cuz normally I dont have 15 comments per entry, cuz no one loves me..ahem..so..uh..instead of false love, word verification is in full effect yo! ;)

12 Comments:

At August 23, 2005 3:54 PM, Blogger :) said...

i junked it. i realized i hate having forced videos more than posting one for a tune i really like. you might be the only person who caught it..it was posted for only a couple hours.

 
At August 23, 2005 4:33 PM, Blogger a tall sassy gal said...

You have too much time on your hands!! :)

 
At August 23, 2005 5:21 PM, Blogger naughtygirl said...

lmao. id have to shoot myself if i had some of those names. lol

thanks for coming to visit me!! i like your blog i will be back

 
At August 24, 2005 12:30 AM, Blogger Maja said...

Hey Josh. Unfortunate names indeed... but totally funny for the rest of us. I wonder how much stick they get.. especially the one with vagina for a surname.. that's unbelievable!

There's been so much comment spamm recently... total pain in the arse.. it seems to be triggered by certain keywords, I think.. maybe. Ok I don't really know.. just a guess. Word verification is a great idea! How do you put it in?

 
At August 24, 2005 7:26 AM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

How funny! I was cracking up at the one with your dad in Korea! hehe I went to high school with a girl names Anita Peters. Every kid in school wanted to call her name over the PA.

 
At August 24, 2005 9:05 AM, Blogger ab said...

Ben went to school with a girl named Nicole Kuntmore. I would die.

 
At August 24, 2005 10:54 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Those are some interesting names...oh and by the way I didn't delete your comment...you posted it under the wrong entry ("makes my mouth water instead of "100 things") I would never delete a comment from you :)

 
At August 24, 2005 1:48 PM, Blogger natasha said...

I was laughing so hard! Its incredible you have this talent to find these things its brilliant...how in the world?

 
At August 24, 2005 2:08 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

heh
i like Twatt!!! That one is great.
thanks for visiting my blog. i hear portland is an awesome little oasis, politically speaking.

 
At August 24, 2005 6:07 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I knew a girl with the last name Hyman. it was really unfortunate for her.

 
At August 25, 2005 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAAHA! We do that at work all day. With all the warrants with crazy names that fly by!

This was great. You rock.

 
At August 30, 2005 5:38 AM, Blogger Janeczka said...

Have you heard of 'The Little Friend', by Donna Tartt? that one's not bad either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home