Random Rants...or...where my stress goes

Monday, August 15, 2005

Friday Night Meteor Shower and weekend activities



My wife and I were invited by our neighbors to see the annual "Perseid" Meteor Shower in the Northwest on Friday night. So, at about 10pm, after all my friends were busy or bailed and I didn get to go see the Decemberists and the Violent Femmes for $5, we drove up to Bald Peak State Park and got out of the car and laid back on the grass and saw an amazing display of meteors flying in the northeast sky. It was really gorgeous and we had a lot of fun for a few hours.

On Saturday..we would have finished painting the kitchen..but we had a block party/bbq thing to go to..so we had to quit early. The kitchen was painted two colors when we moved in: the breakfast nook was RED and the sink and cabinet area was an off-white. The red was absolutely disgusting. Of course my wife kept changing her mind what to change the kitchen to..yellow, blue, green..etc. Since it opens up into our family room, which is..hot cocoa colored, we wanted something bright. I was kinda hoping for a yellow of sorts..or maybe a cool green, but the wife picked out "Tahoe Blue". Since I did all the prep work (taping/masking, removing outlets, moving everything out of the kitchen), she got the duty to do the final coats of paint; we did the priming together, and I did the bulk of the trim. Any color is better than red, but its coming out like a "Miami-Vice blue"..which isnt my preference. However, we dont have all the stuff back in the kitchen yet, and we now want to change the counters, cabinets and tilework..of course. Most likely it'll all come together..in time. For now, its a step up. I took a break and watched a little of the PGA Championship. Noe understand, I do not ever watch golf. If I do watch golf, its one of the 4 major tourneys. And only if Phil Mickelson is within a couple strokes of winning it. So I watched about 30 minutes or so at the end of the day..go Phil!

Sunday we finished painting, did some other housework that seeimingly never ends..and then saw "The Wedding Crashers" which was hilarious. A decent stupid humor movie for a change. We both enjoyed it. We got home after seeing the matinee and then shopping at the "new" Bridgeport Village and I checked to see if Phil Mickelson won..but it wa spostponed due to rain. See, I went to college with Phil, sat next to him in a few classes, and talked with him..so I always rooted for Leftie. I am NOT a Tiger Woods fan by any means. So they will finish up on Monday morning...go Phil!

Monday..Phil wins with an incredible birdie on 18. Yay! Not like any of you care. But I am happy for him. Always nice to see a good family man, and a good guy..win :)
The bad news? I am at work. Its Monday. Ugh.

7 Comments:

At August 15, 2005 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent offers are available for both single and multi-room Directv OK Satellite TV systems. Nice Blog, Check us out somtime here Directv OK.

 
At August 15, 2005 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep this impressive blog going. Great work!
This may be of interest to you cartoon animals
I hope you enjoy the subject cartoon animals

 
At August 15, 2005 12:38 PM, Blogger :) said...

I love spam comments.

 
At August 15, 2005 12:47 PM, Blogger ab said...

How come I'm not being spammed? I feel left out now. It seems like everybody I know is painting their houses. I guess I'll be in the same boat next month. We close on the investment house on the 24th & then the work begins. Fun.

 
At August 15, 2005 1:08 PM, Blogger natasha said...

The color combination picked sounds good. Who would paint anything you're supposed to relax in into red? seriously. Wedding Crashers was a good film. I really enjoyed it. Ahem, professionally speaking. I like that photo of the meteor shower. It looks like a good contender for the Decembrist/Violent femmes concert.

 
At August 17, 2005 9:06 AM, Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

This fall I am going to paint our kicthen a deep cranberry red. Our whole house is an offwhite-ish color. Basically, it is white. I am SO sick of white walls (all thru college and two years of apts) that I am dying to get some color. Even Miami-vice blue would satisfy me right now!

 
At August 17, 2005 11:27 AM, Blogger Beth said...

I missed the meteors, dammit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home