The best things that dont exist anymore
Arent you ticked when something you love..isnt made or available anymore? Either the product is UPDATED..or the company went out of business..or some bureaucrat somewhere decided to go with a different line...or whatever.
For example..Aspen soda. Most of you probably are too young to recall Aspen. Im almost 34. So if you were born around 1975 or earlier, you may recall the green can, the crisp green apple soda flavor..ahhh..yeah..good stuff.
Another one..Cool-A-Coos. That is a certain brand of ice cream sandwich, sold at Dodger games amongst other places, and for whatever reason, Dodger brass took it away to be replaced by those frozen cup-o-malt with cheap ass wooden stick/spoon things. Sure, you can get frozen yogurt in a mini Dodger hat with sprinkles..etc..but the Cool-A-Coo..the best.
This is one I mentioned in an earlier blog entry..but.."Dead Like Me". A GREAT show on Showtime. It made it through 2 complete seasons, apparently has this huge cult fanbase, was produced on dvd..etc..and they got some new program manager who up and nuked it. Bastard.
Pioneer chicken. Man..that was good eats! About 10x better than KFC and cheaper I think too. Those chicken strips and dipping sauce were awesome.
Chicken McNuggets Shanghai. McDonald's ran this campaign about 1985 or so. Just McNuggets with 3 different Asian inspired dipping sauces, a fortune cookie and chopsticks..but as a kid, I loved it.
Yogurt Push-Ups. Those were sure good as a kid.
Original Frosted Mini-Wheats. You can probably still find the originals at some stores, in the red box, with actual frosting on them..but they are hard to come by. Now not only do they only pretty much come in "mini" size, but also, theres about a tablespoon of sugar frosting for the entire box. It was nice and sugary on one side which made the bland taste of shredded wheat actually palpatable. Sigh..
Good looking Nike shoes. Does anyone wear Nike anymore? Back in the day Nike was THE shoe..and they had actually decent designs. I think 98% of them all are way fugly now.
*RC Cola. Ok, I know it still exists, but it is much harder to find. Coke or Pepsi? No thanks, I'll take an RC any day of the week!
10 Comments:
The yogurt push-ups were my favorite, I spent many summers devouring those. QFC sells RC cola.
Chicken Littles at KFC!
The ones they have now are horrible!
Gosh, I am starving after reading this!! I miss those ice cream sandwiches...UFO was the name. Oatmeal cookie with vanilla icecream in the middle, YUM!! I remember chicken littles too, they were great! Wendy's used to have a mushroom/cheddar burger it was too good! Why do all of the good things come and go?!! Evian water is my favorite water ever and It is so hard for me to find. Could it be my location...?
Evian water sucks!
Its all about Mountain Valley Spring water!
I never tried RC cola. Soviet Union was slave to Pepsi. Now I drink Coca cola. Because of the color. Nostalgia is a difficult stepmother.
You are right have a no clue on most of these!
They have to have those push up pops...gotta.
What about the one that was triangle shaped and was frozen yogurt...that was good.
Otter pops anyone? The big 1000 count industrial pack from costco that lasted the summer.
Juicy Juice?
Fun Fruits?
39 cent burgers at Hot and Now?
Spanky's Hamburgers? (Old School Portland reference)
Free Hotdogs at Bob Lamphere's?
Free haircuts @ Tom Peterson's (before it was "Gloria's Too"?)
That lowfat burger they had at McDonalds.....the one they put in water to skim the fat off. YUCK!
Micro Persuasion: links for 200
Google updates Google Desktop with a Longhorn-esque sidebar. MediaPost: Study - Open Source Users Shun 'Rehash' Of News "Consumers who participate in 'citizen journalism' sites, also known as 'open source' ...
Regards
Duncan
Helping you buy and sell your house at
selling
I can still get RC cola at my local No Frills store....it's AWESOME! ;)
I loved yogurt pushups..forgot about those! I guess those other yogurt things took it's place..the ones in the long plastic wrapper.
Pioneer chicken..didn't know they don't exhist anymore...I live on a small island were there isn't much of anything..though we do finally have a Kentucky Fried Chicken. Pioneer chicken was my first ever job I got the summer I turned 16 lol!
Post a Comment
<< Home