Random Rants...or...where my stress goes

Sunday, June 05, 2005

My old Q



Movies I have rented via Netflix (not in any particular order) and my less than 8 word summary and/or review for them:

I'll Sleep when I'm Dead - slower than presumed, but decent revenge tale
Closer - Four weird people meet, fuck and argue
King Arthur - Not a very interesting take on the legend
Croupier - I must be on a Clive Owen rampage; good
Wimbledon - Cheesy romance and poor tennis form = poor
Night and Fog - Incredible documentary about the holocaust
Girl with a Pearl Earring - insanely boring; I fell asleep
In Cold Blood - Truman Capote's book comes to life..mostly
Roger & Me - I am a liberal, what can I say?
Unfaithful - Depressing film about a cheating spouse
Saved! - Hilarious Jesus freak teen gets pregnant
Ladder 49 - Very predictable but sad fireman movie
Castle in the Sky - Miyazaki is a master, but Spirited Away's better
The Hustler - Newman's black n' white cool pool flick
Ray - He deserved the Oscar. Nuff said.
House of Sand and Fog - More depressing than I ever thought possible
Angels in America - Too weird for my wife and I
Shattered Glass - Anakin publishes his lies and everyone loves it
THX 1138 - Could not watch more than 20 minutes
Whale Rider - Excellent, uplifting movie; saw it in the theater
Once Were Warriors - Gritty Kiwi movie involving family struggles
Capturing the Friedmans - I still dont know who to believe
Following - Murder, burglary and wonderful twist ending
Chariots of Fire - very slow, but still wonderful story
From Earth to the Moon - Amazing all around, highly regarded
Brotherhood of the Wolf - I dont trust Allen's recommendations anymore...
Chronicles of Riddick - Ummm..nice art direction...thanks again Allen
Garden State - Loved the movie, great soundtrack to boot
Maria Full of Grace - Incredbly well acted and a powerful story
The French Connection - Overhyped, but still engrossing cop/druglord movie
Metallica:Some Kind of Monster - Too long, but interesting even for non-fans
The Terminal - Hanks is good, but not a great movie
United States of Leland - Excellent plot, underdeveloped, over analyzed, well acted
Butterfly Effect - Ashton Kutcher..oh boy. Glad I rented.
The Falcon and the Snowman - CIA employee becomes spy for bad guys
The Thin Red Line - Didnt enjoy it this time around either
Veronica Guerrin - Underrated account of a brave female journalist
The Graduate - Always thought odd, but always a classic
A Day Without a Mexican - Wife and I gave up 25 minutes into the pink fog...

FYI..I have Hotel Rwanda, The Woodsman and I Heart Huckabees now..and 122 movies in my current Queue

3 Comments:

At June 05, 2005 11:14 PM, Blogger natasha said...

Thats a mighty big list. I agree with THX1138. But who recommended Saved! to you? umm, umm?

 
At June 06, 2005 10:05 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

Cool list..we've subscribed to Zip.ca..the CDN equivalent to Netflix...seen alot of em and I think our tasts are similar. Will check out those I haven't seen yet. We received The Corporation on Friday and watched it last night. Two thumbs way up..if you are into documentaries-commentaries

 
At June 06, 2005 9:53 PM, Blogger Jonara Blu Maui said...

wow..I haven't heard of most of those movies. Wish I had more time to watch..but sounds like I'm not missing much from your reviews. I was told that whale rider one was good...if it's the same one..sounds like a good family movie. Thanks for the comment :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home