More Curry Please!
Just got back from Los Angeles for the weekend..my wife and I went to see my cousin get married in Santa Barbara. It was good seeing the family and a few friends. Stopped by Rhino Records while the wife and her friend got manicures, and picked up a couple used cds (Jem and Interpol).
Saw the new Star Wars movie:
Bad dialogue.
Discombobulated scenes.
Nice action scenes.
Better than the last 2...
Also went to an old favorite place of ours, Hurry Curry of Tokyo. Now The Delicious Life has a review of it on her website..which I pretty much disagree with, though I enjoy her blog otherwise. The food might be a tad overpriced, but its solid, especially for a "round-eye" like myself who doesnt yet know how to make this tasty curry. And..I dont like it super spicy either. I just enjoy the taste and relax with friends or the wife there. The food is good, it is NOT humid inside, and I actually think the help is generally crappy there (but just get take-out if ya cant bear it!). Anyways..I've tried Bush Garden up here in Portland, which has a similar dish to what I usually get (Chicken Cutlet Curry)..which was good, not great, but pretty spicy. So if all ya want is spice..fly up to Portland. Otherwise, if you are in West LA..go to Hurry Curry.
1 Comments:
Hey, i'm glad you had nice time in LA and that you recommend an LA place, granted its not in-and-out burger but we all must change our standards sometimes, mustn't we?
Post a Comment
<< Home