Thank God!
I can sleep a little bit easier tonight.
You see, I went to Arizona State University. It is not known for having a great basketball program (though we have had a few solid players here and there).
And everyone calls it a "party school", whatever that means. It is ranked in the top 3 in interior design, and in business, engineering, architecture and communications it is also well regarded or highly ranked. It may not be Stanford, but it isnt Chico State either.
Yes, they have hot girls who walk around in shorts and swimsuit tops (hooray for boobies!). They have a good football program usually. They have parties. I don't know, I have friends who attended Harvard, UCLA, Berkley, Georgetown, Brown..and they partied like mad as well. I think every freshman parties, and come junior year or so, they start crackin' the books.
That said..obviously our rival school is the University of Arizona. Funny, that school has the exact same SATs and GPA needed to attend as ASU, but not the same reputation. Must be because their girls arent half as pretty ;) (and I know some girls who attended that school, so I can vouch for that too!).
They do however, usually have an extremely good basketball program. Since I have been following U of A basketball, they usually seem to choke in the NCAA Tournament (March Madness). Yes, they went to the finals twice recently, and won once. But they often choke in the first or second round, giving me yet another excuse to pop the top off of a beer and rejoice.
Well..tonight..looked to be a good game. The #3 seeded Univerity of Arizona Wildcats played #1 seeded University of Illinois. And it looked good for a while for Illinois. But in the second half, they just crumbled to bits. Down by 15 with 4 minutes left, I turned the game off for a few minutes to look at the Crate & Barrel catalog with my wife.
What the hell, lets check it again..with 1 minute left, Illnois was down by only 3. Holy sh-t! Needless to say, they won in overtime. So, not only does my arch-rival..my nemesis..once again go down in defeat..and choke at it no less, but I had Illinois in my March Madness pool..so I am doubly a winner tonight.
Thank God!
4 Comments:
I didn't keep a bracket! I feel so relieved. The pain from the loss of OSU to bleepin' Arizona wasn't half as bad as if I had a bracket in the first place. Sorry that you couldn't see the invite. It was mighty pretty. I wish blogger would automatically link to people who leave comments in the email they send you. It would be tons of help!
You forgot to put a pin on my map! Until then I'll stop hounding you!:-P
I bet you're like..who's this girl. Anyway, I got the invite to work and currently I'm letting everybody know that..yes there is an error and I know about it.
Hi Josh...I didn't think anyone actually read one's blog. Maybe I am a blog whore after all is said and done. Don't we all search to be heard, to leave our mark? That way our existence is not merely biological form, but carries purpose. I liked your list and 34 will be ok. SSE
Post a Comment
<< Home