Random Rants...or...where my stress goes

Thursday, March 17, 2005

The house

Ok, so I havent written in a week or so. Been busy ya know...We got a house. Unbelieveable. Yes..a house.
Introduced via email to a real estate agent a week and a half ago (our second agent..the first was just O-K). Saw the house..last Monday. Audra saw it on Tuesday. Met a recommended broker on Tuesday ngit and signed the papers to get pre-approved. Put in an offer on the house that night too. A whopping $50 over asking price.
Wednesday morning got the approval notification. Wednesday night got the confirmation that the seller approved our offer..with one caveat..he wanted to keep the satellite dish (uhh..yeah..no problem!).

So..once everything is finalized, we will be home-owners. It's been a week, and it hasnt settled in. Went to the house again today for the inspection. No major problems..the owner has to replace a few windows because the seals are wearing out.



The details: 1859 sq feet, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, add on office/den, deck, kids play area, large kitchen (the wife likes that), built in 1994..in a good area of Tigard, Oregon..etc.

Now just to worry about those monthly payments...:)

5 Comments:

At March 18, 2005 8:57 AM, Blogger natasha said...

What a cute house!!! congradulations! Is that a picket fence and 2.5 kids I see in the background?

 
At March 18, 2005 2:09 PM, Blogger ab said...

Awesome! Good for you!

 
At March 22, 2005 4:03 PM, Blogger Toad734 said...

I just bought in august, you might as well just call it "this is where all my spare cash goes" instead of a house. Have fun figuring out your taxes next year.

 
At March 22, 2005 4:04 PM, Blogger Toad734 said...

Hi I'm Debbie Downer.

 
At March 23, 2005 11:56 AM, Blogger Zara said...

Congrats on the House! Fantastic! Thanks for visiting my blog. I left a pin in the map. Way cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home