Random Rants...or...where my stress goes

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Famous Jewish Sports Legends

And here I thought it was all a joke from "Airplane!". Everyone knows about the Jews in the film industry..and I mean..most people know about Mark Spitz, Greenburg, Shawn Green, Sandy Koufax and Auerbach..but..wow..us Jews kicked some serious athletic ass!

Some random tidbits:

No fewer than twenty-nine boxing titles were held by Jews

A Jew created baseball's World Series

A Jewish runner won medals in four consecutive Olympics

A rabbi's son was deemed the world's strongest man in the 1964 Olympics

A Jewish gymnast won seven medals in a single Olympics

A Jewish wrestler once won 400 consecutive matches

Four Jews are among the top ten Olympic medal winners of all time

A Jew held five National Basketball Association records when he retired, including career points

The book...

7 Comments:

At March 01, 2005 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never realized micheal jordan was jewish...guess you learn something new evryday..;)

 
At March 01, 2005 4:13 PM, Blogger Sher said...

Hey, interesting stuff there. Thanks for commenting on my blog. :)

 
At March 01, 2005 10:38 PM, Blogger Miss Megumi said...

Josh, thanks for commenting on my blog. :) and 400 consecutive wrestling matches would wear a person out! wow!

 
At March 02, 2005 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is fantastically interesting. Thanks for posting this.

 
At March 02, 2005 3:47 PM, Blogger MG said...

Hey Josh - thanks for leaving a comment on my blog... Keep up the good work!

 
At March 02, 2005 10:41 PM, Blogger EP/ UK said...

Hey..thanks for commenting on my blog. Interesting post you've got on the big oscar goof-ups...would have to say though that A Beautiful Mind was truly great. As for SP Ryan, one of the best war movies I have seen. And Jim Carrey was amazing in ESotSM..a composed portrayal of the role.
I cannot identify with the current post, hence the comments on your last post:)

 
At March 03, 2005 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow and I went around telling people that the book of Jewish sports heroes was blank--one of the funniest jokes ever.

I mean we've written many other books and done many other things, but...

thanks that was great. Good blog, also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home