Random Rants...or...where my stress goes

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

A rant on customer support and europe...and more.

I really hate repeating myself..in general. I can put up with it if someone didnt hear me. Or if its something complicated and you need to explain it further..or even if its a really odd reference. But dumbing down shit or explaining obvious stuff..annoys the crap out of me. That and customer support..my verizon dsl connection went down...for no reason. I was on the goddman phone with support for a total of about 5 1/2 hours..no joke..getting that fixed..transferred from one dept to another, back in the queue, talking to peeps who cant get stuff done for me..etc. Asking for a manager seemed to go nowhere. And then I lost my damn cell phone..(TRY TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS)..you'd think itd be a fairly easy task to call up T-Mobile and report it missing and then 48 hours later to order a new phone.
Let me tell you..NO, IT ISNT.
More customer support hell, people who didnt order the phone, have different confirm numbers, you cant get the same person on the phone twice..blah blah blah.
The Europeans are WAYYYYYYY ahead in their cell phone deals. Here, we buy some cheap phones usually and then stick with a plan for 1-2 years. Over in Europe..they guard those phones with their life..and they may pay more for them (of course, they get the more advanced phones about a year ahead of us) and yeah, watch that they dont lose those phones..and then every phone works with every carrier (Orange, Vonage..whoever)..and people just sign quickie 1-2 month contracts and just jump carriers whenever there is a good deal on minutes..etc. Ya know..those silly Europeans..have got it all right.
I might miss some stuff from the USA if I ever moved to somewhere in Europe..like ice cubes*, but in general..they work less hours a day, eat better, have more vacation time at work, have cooler cars, are much more liberal about sex and censorship, arent hated throughout the world (except France)..and obviously have better cell phones..

*ice cubes..you try ordering a coke in Spain or England..itll maybe..MAYBE..come cold..possibly have a few bubbles of carbonation left in it..and no ice..They also rarely seem to have water pressure in their hotel showers. And I aint staying at youth hostels either..Ive run the gamut from crap to super nice places..and its few and far between on that end. *shrug*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home